There are tons of benefits! So everyone, eat up! Its a free food, so there is no need to worry about extra calories. Check it out.
- Spinach contains choline and inositol, the substances that help to prevent atherosclerosis or thickening and hardening of arteries.
- Spinach and alfalfa help stabilize blood sugar
- among diabetics to several handful spinach, add 3 cups of water. Place over low heat for one hour. Then strain. Take ½ cup twice a day. Spinach and alfalfa may be served as part of the meal.
- Spinach is loaded with flavonoid that function as antioxidant and anti-cancer agent.
- Spinach contain carotenoid that help fights cancer.
- Spinach is a rich source of Vitamins C and A (Immune system booster and healthy skin)
- Spinach is an anti-aging vegetable.
- Spinach is a good source of Vitamin K, which aids in the formation of the blood substance required for clotting of blood.
- Spinach is helpful in the following cases ; Anemia, Tumors, Constipation, Insomnia, Obesity, Neuritis (inflammation of nerves), Nerve exhaustion, High blood pressure, Bronchitis, Colon cancer, Prostate cancer, Breast cancer, Osteoporosis, Dyspepsia (chronic indigestion), Also helps ailment of the kidneys, bladder and liver.
Nutritive Values : Per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A : 9,420 I.U.
- Vitamin B : Thiamine .11 mg.;
- Riboflavin : .20 mg.;
- Niacin : .6 mg.
- Vitamin C : 59 mg.
- Good source of Vitamin k : amount undetermined.
- Calcium : 81 mg
- Iron : 3.0 mg.
- Phosphorus : 55 mg.
- Potassium : 470 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 3.2 gm.
- Protein : 2.3 gm.
- Calories : 20