Thursday, June 19, 2008

Beyond the Comfort Zone

Although sweat can be an indicator that your workouts are pushing you to the limits, they are not always an indicator that you are getting a good enough workout. Many people gauge their workout by how much they sweat, and unfortunately that isn't what I am going to ask you to do.

I want you to take your workout to the next level. I want you to take what you think you can do and push a bit harder. When you are in the process of changing your body composition, you are going to need to do something extra. Its not a surprise that losing fat and strengthening muscle is not an easy process. Your body will want to fight you every step of the way. The best way to not let it win is to give it a good fight. For your body to make adaptations, you have to face physical hardship. I am not talking about injury or exhaustion. I am talking about not quiting to early, and not underestimating your own strength.

This week I want everyone to ramp up their exercise. Push yourselves to true failure and lets see some serious results. You are all awesome. Keep up the great work!

-Jared

No comments: