Thursday, May 10, 2012
Being healthy and fit involve a level of selfishness and people often get caught up in caring for other people. (There is nothing wrong with that) But, by not taking time to care for ourselves, we do have an effect on those around us. No one wants to feel tired, worn down, and abused. So this summer, I propose we all plan for some alone time. Head to the gym, put on your headphones, and remember that you are important. Here are a few things you can do to improve your quality of life.
1. Start your morning with a short burst of cardio. - It doesn't have to be intense, or long. But there is nothing that will wake up your mind and body more that getting your flowing first thing in the morning. Running up and down the stairs, jogging around the block, doing jumping jacks while you watch the news. It doesn't matter what you do, just be active for 15 mins right when you get out of bed and before you eat your breakfast.
2. Start your day with a hearty breakfast. - Never underestimate the fact breakfast is the most important meal of your whole day. Whoever said that first was either a genius, or didn't know the power behind his words. This will set the pace and energy level for the rest of the day. Don't be stingy, eat healthy and eat up.
3. Take personal breaks throughout the day. -Exhaustion comes from a whole combination of things. But it all leads to the lack of taking a break between tasks. Sit down, breathe deep, and focus on nothing. The more you flood your mind with whats on your to do list, the less you let yourself focus on you. It's a lot easier to organize your mind when its not constantly moving.
4. Schedule your Gym time before the week starts. Most of us have good intentions when it comes to getting your exercise in, but our lack of planning allows for us to let interruptions in. Something will come up. If you are not planning on going till the last minute, you will always find a valid (or not valid) reason for putting it off. The more you respect your own time, the more other will respect it as well. Most of those last minute interruptions will start to look like they can wait and don't need your immediate attention.
5. Listen to your body. If you are physically or emotionally drained. If you are sick and recovering from a cold or other bug, REST. Exercise is good, don't get me wrong. You need to remember to let yourself properly heal before pushing yourself. You will lengthen your recovery time if you get back to it too soon.
Your ability to care for others greatly depends on your ability to care for yourself. Too many people work around others schedules.
It's time to truly prepare for an enjoyable summer !
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I wanted to announce that we have recently changed our web address from http://www.jaredthf.blogspot.com to http://www.resoultewellness.blogspot.com. You can still access all previous post through this new website.
Thanks for following!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
It's that time of year again when we are all making our grand New Year's resolutions. (Hopefully they are not already forgotten). Whether you are setting a weight loss goal or not, just remember to be SMART about your goal setting. Let me explain:
Is your goal specific? If your goal is to lose weight this year, take off your shoes and Ta Da you lost weight this year. Specific means it is something that you can gauge or test and know when you have reached it.
Measurable- If a goal is measurable you have a specific end point in mind so you will know you have reached your goal once you get there.
Attainable-- Is this goal really possible for you to achieve given your resources, know how and motivation?
Realistic-- Can you realistically reach your goal? Can you make a plan of action and step by step reach your goal?
Timely- Can you reach your goal in the time that you have allotted yourself?
Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare? Steady determination wins the race. Step by step, day by day, with a plan you CAN achieve your goals!
Happy New Year! And Happy Goal Setting!
To a year of health and well being
If your goal is to lose weight this year come in and see me for your free evaluation and goal assessment. I provide the plan and accountability to get you the results you want. Call 801-755-6689 today!
No gimmicks, No games, just solid fitness & nutrition principles.
We build healthy lifestyles one person at a time!