Thursday, February 12, 2009

Find Your Why




I would like to mention some of my thoughts on desire and drive. I have had clients come to me with unclear desires and no real end goal in sight. This is not good. This is a recipe for failure. Most us WANT to have the body we desire, but what is the real underlying reason? That's the real motivation. For each one of us, it is very different and that's why there is no easy answer.

To truly be motivated, you need to ask yourself why you want it. If you know why, then you will be willing to put in the work to get it. You need to be able to wake up in the morning and remember why you are going to exercise. You need to be able to pass up that cookie, or spend time preparing all your meals before you leave your house for the day. It is so easy to just stop somewhere for the cheap fast food deal, but that is not the way to get what you want. You need to be able to push yourself out of your comfort zone each and every day. Believe it or not, your battle is with yourself. Your body doesn't want to change. The only way to change your body is to do things your are not comfortable with. By that I mean work out a little harder. Eat that sandwich, even when the hamburger is calling your name. Bring your healthy snacks to your business meeting and eat in front of everyone. Stock your car, your office, your house with things you can eat. There is no worse punishment on your metabolism than skipping meals. Reward comes from hard work and determination. Without motivation, you are nothing.

So what I ask, is for you to ponder today and everyday. What do I want? Why do I want it? What am I going to do to get it?




Picture by: http://flickr.com/photos/keylosa/76039727/

No comments: